As Natatorium supporter Chris Boyle said when he sent us this link with 12 cool swimming pools, “I think this list is missing one pool, in Hawaii.” That’s for sure, Chris! For decades, from the first stroke taken by Duke Kahanamoku the day it was dedicated in 1927, the Waikiki Natatorium War Memorial was on […]
Archive for July, 2010
Subscribe for UpdatesGiven email address is already subscribed. Thank you!Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.Please provide a valid email address.Thank you, your sign-up request was successful! Please check your e-mail inbox.Please complete the CAPTCHA.Please fill in the required fields.
Connect and Follow
Natatorium Supporters in their Own Words
My family grew up using the Natatorium. It is inextricably woven into the history of Oahu. An arch does not equal a Natatorium. An arch does not provide residents with what the Natatorium did. We used it a lot, because some of us were less confident out in the open water. It is unique, has a history, and efforts should be made to work towards preserving and refitting it.— Margaret Mori
Support Friends of the Natatorium
- Mahalo, Natatorium Supporters. Your Comments: Awesome.
- Memorials: Important Reading. Natatorium: Important Deadline
- The Natatorium Needs You. Submit an Official EIS Comment.
- Mahalo! Super Turnout for Natatorium Public Meeting
- Come Out on July 21: Public Meeting on the Natatorium!
- Friends of the Natatorium EIS Scope Submission
- Bullet Points for Natatorium Open Meeting
- A Must Read: Hawaii’s Natatorium, as Seen from The Atlantic
- Natatorium Named a “National Treasure” by National Trust
- Get a Great Natatorium Shirt… and Support the Friends!