As Natatorium supporter Chris Boyle said when he sent us this link with 12 cool swimming pools, “I think this list is missing one pool, in Hawaii.” That’s for sure, Chris! For decades, from the first stroke taken by Duke Kahanamoku the day it was dedicated in 1927, the Waikiki Natatorium War Memorial was on […]
Archive for July, 2010
Subscribe for Updates
Natatorium Supporters in their Own Words
My Aunt Ethel Hobbes was a Nurse in WWI. She died while taking care of troops who had contracted the Asiatic Flu. She was only 20 years old. Please save this memorial in Honolulu. History should never be forgotten. The sacrifice of our WWI service personnel is part of the fabric of what makes us Americans.— Jane Varcoe
Support Friends of the Natatorium
- Do You Have Great Natatorium Photos Like This?
- The Natatorium is Featured in Alaska Airlines Magazine
- National Veterans Organization Endorses Natatorium Preservation
- Wow: What a Year for the Natatorium
- Solemn Sunsets: Bagpipes at the Natatorium
- See Natatorium Veterans Day Photos and TV Coverage
- Join Veterans for Veterans Day at the Natatorium
- New Natatorium Brochure: Print Your Copy and Share
- Mahalo, Natatorium Supporters. Your Comments: Awesome.
- Memorials: Important Reading. Natatorium: Important Deadline